Guidelines for Presentations and Papers
In every class, all students will be responsible for a written summary of that day's research paper, and one student will be responsible for offering a presentation to lead a discussion on that paper. The main work for the course consists of coming to class having done the reading and prepared the summary.
- Each student will be required to prepare a brief writeup (~1-2 pages) of each paper presented in class.
- This should be prepared before the presentation and will be turned in at the end of each class.
- The writeup should summarize the major issues addressed in the paper, the techniques used, and conclusions drawn.
- It should also include a list of several questions and criticisms that could be used to direct discussion in class.
- Be prepared to discuss.
- Writeups will be graded and returned.
- Use Powerpoint if possible.
- Include these major headings in the presentation:
- Further work
- Keep it brief. (30 mins. max.)
- Inform the TAs well ahead of time if you will not be using your own computer for the presentation and will require A/V support beyond an LCD projector.