Guidelines for Presentations and Discussions
These questions are used to guide students through the readings and presentations for this class. They are designed to help students read any scientific journal article critically, and to prepare them for a career in biophysics and neurophysiology research.
- What are the essential question(s) this paper answers?
- Is this the best approach to solving the question(s) at the time?
- Do the experiment results help to answer the question(s)?
- What are the conclusion(s) of the paper?
- What assumption(s) have the author made?
- Are you convinced the author’s assumption(s) are reasonable?