List/locate Uranium, Thorium and Actinium Series in the Periodic Table.
Explain the significance of these decay chains.
Identify Radon, Thoron and Actinon isotopes.
Reference: Handbook of Silicate Rock Analysis by Phil Pott.
List all the isotopes of Radon and their half-lifes.
Browse and list some radon publications from the Web site.
Study and comment on the radon potential of Texas, U.S.A.
Current radon research in building and building materials:
- Do literature survey, read and write briefly on:
- Radon dose from ceramic tiles
- Radon dose from clay bricks
- Radon emanation of building material
- Radon transport and the effect of moisture in concrete
Study and provide salient features of:
- BEIR IV Report - Executive Summary
- BEIR VI Report - Executive Summary
Write brief reports on health effects of radon from studies in:
- Health Physics