- Review all Core Conversations, Structural Patterns, and Miscellaneous Notes in the Lesson.
- You need to be able to use all words, patterns, expressions (including Utilization) you have learned so far, accurately and appropriately in different contexts.
- Make sure that you work on Eavesdropping and Utilization as well.
- The Interview Test is similar to the ACT class activities. The teacher will set a conversational context, and you're expected to respond appropriately.
- You may not use any English at all in the interview.
- The focus in the interview is on the production of accurate, appropriate, natural Japanese speech for your level.
- You are only expected to know what we have covered up to now. You should review all Core Conversations and Drills. Practice with audio.
- Format of exam:
- Listening Comprehension (I. Conversations, II. Interpretation) - you will hear several responses to a short remark. You will be asked to write the English equivalent of each response. Note: you will hear each response only once!
- Reading Comprehension
- To prepare for the exam:
- Review all the materials introduced during this semester, focusing on Lesson 4, Lesson 5, and Lesson 6.
- Review Grammar Exercise Sheet handed out in class and work on Practice Quiz.
- You will not be tested on how to write kanji, but you are expected to be able to read all the kanji introduced so far. Review Kanji and Readings in Lessons 3-5, hiragana and katakana.
- Review Lesson 5 Utilization and #1, 2, 4, 7 (1-3), 9, 10 (1, 2, 5), and 16 in Lesson 6 Utilization.
- Review Lesson 5 Eavesdropping and #3 in Lesson 6 Eavesdropping.