Newspapers, Newswires, and Magazines
Web Sites (General)
- Latin American Studies Program - University of Texas at Austin. This site contains links to country homepages, library collections, Latin American newspapers and magazines in several languages, other university programs, etc.
- MIT Foreign Languages and Literature - homepage has various articles from regional magazines and newspapers on-line.
- Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies - University of California at San Diego. Links to major sites related to Mexico.
- United Nations Economic Commission on Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
- Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) - The World Factbbook. Contains basic declassified information on countries of the world.
- Democracy Center
Information on democracy throughout the world.
- Freedom House
Information on political, social and economic freedoms.
- Latino On-Line News Network (Spanish and English).
- Cultural Survival
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Data and publications on the economies of countries around the world.
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (The World Bank) Economic and political information on countries around the world.
- Transparency International Cross-National information on corruption around the world.
- Comparative Study of Electoral Systems Cross-national information on electoral institutions and processes.
- World Policy Institute Americas Project Data on democracy in Latin America.
- Committee to Protect Journalists Press freedom and journalistic practice around the world.
- Amnesty International Leading international organization for human rights, based in the United Kingdom.
- Human Rights Watch Another major human rights organization, based in the United States.
- American Political Science Association Includes electronic versions of most conference papers.
- Development Experience Clearinghouse Information from the U.S. Agency for International Development on democracy and development around the world.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Country Intelligence
Country Reports, Country Profiles, and Country Commerce.
- National Journal Group's Policy Central
Contains: National Journal - a weekly on politics and government; CongressDaily - twice daily news service covering Capitol Hill; The Hotline - a daily news briefing on politics and campaigns; Technology Daily - news service on information technology politics and policy; The Almanac of American Politics - data on members of Congress, their states and districts; and Poll Track - a database of public opinion surveys.
Middle East (General)