Prof. Rigobon has written topical and thought-provoking study questions for each section of the course. This class also features exams from several years of 15.014.
15.014 focuses on using case studies to investigate the macroenvironment in which firms operate. The course is divided in five parts:
- Basic tools of macroeconomic management
- Evaluation of different economic development strategies
- Crises in emerging markets: causes, solutions, and prevention
- Problems faced by transition economies
- Challenges of developed countries
This course is a full-term version of Applied Macro- and International Economics (15.012), with additional topics.