When you look at a speaker page, think about what you can learn that will help you build your own:
- What kind of sound was the designer looking for?
- Which drivers did they use, and why did they pick them?
- What are the crossover slopes, and how complex/expensive do they look? Try to understand how the circuit works.
- What does the enclosure look like: Sealed, vented, dipole? (You can enter the driver and box parameters into Unibox to see what kind of bass response the designer was aiming for.)
Links to Projects, Discussion Forums, and Parts Suppliers
Amplifier and Other Projects
- HTG: So many finished projects are embedded in this forum
- DiyAudio: Some more hard core electronics type people