The Study Guides include pre-tests, photographs of every chalkboard used in the videotapes, reading assignments in the supplementary notes and textbook, and exercises with solutions.
Supplementary Notes for Multivariable Calculus, Parts I through V
The Supplementary Notes include prerequisite materials, detailed proofs, and deeper treatments of selected topics.
- Chapter 1: An Introduction to Mathematical Structure (PDF - 3.4MB)
- Chapter 2: An Introduction to Vector Arithmetic (PDF - 2.1MB)
- Chapter 3: An Introduction to Vector Calculus (PDF - 2.6MB)
- Chapter 4: An Introduction to Functions of Several Real Variables (PDF - 5.4MB)
- Chapter 5: Derivatives in n-Dimensional Spaces (PDF - 3.0MB)
- Chapter 6: Matrix Algebra in the Study of Functions of Several Variables (PDF - 7.6MB)
- Chapter 7: Applications of Linear Algebra to Non-Linear Functions (PDF - 2.1MB)
Textbook: The course makes reference to the out-of-print textbook cited below, but any newer textbook will suffice to expand on topics covered in the video lectures.
Thomas, George B. Calculus and Analytic Geometry. Addison-Wesley, 1968. ISBN: 9780201075250.