The 'Crisis in Journalism' and Digital Inequalities
There's also a lot of talk about participatory media as a panacea for the supposed crisis. We'll ground that conversation in terms of what we know about digital inequalities.
- In-class logistics: Confirm blog accounts, scribe plan, roles: sessionly discussion facilitators, etc. (20 min)
- Discussion of posts (25 min)
- Crisis in Journalism (40 min)
- 10 min break
- 40 min: Digital inequality
- 45 min: small group exercise: build a theoretical model of digital inclusion. Report back.
Note re blog posts: your blog post can be a comment, or a standalone post. Be sure to select the category 'Intro to Civic Media' when you create posts!
Note re: facilitation, scribing/blog teams: don't forget to sign up for a facilitation/scribe/blog team for a session that interests you! Do this by selecting the session's title in the Google doc and adding your name in a comment.