Subject: Waste Management Partnership / Enterprise / Actor
The third paper is a chance to select either a:
- Specific actor (for example: Waste Management, Save that Stuff, Wecyclers, Sanergy, Enevo, etc.)
- Specific partnership (for example: Casella and the City of Cambridge)
- Introduce the actor or partnership (history, competition, business model, size (revenue and employees), any trends in their size)
- Discuss their role in the waste management system
- Who are their partners
- Where do they work
- What is their comparative advantage
- Who are their competitors
- What role do they serve in the waste management system (for example: Collection, transportation, etc.)
- What types of materials do they handle and how much per year
- Has there been any press (positive or negative) on their work
- Is anything from these models transferable to developing settings? How would that work?
- Analyze their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (a SWOT model)
- End with your conclusions about the actor or partnership
- Do you see this as a lasting model?
- 4–5 pages; 4 pages in writing, more with charts / graphs
- Helvetica Size 12; 1.5 spacing or less
- Scope of paper
- Synthesis of material presented
- Integration of class content
- Detailed analysis and synthesis of researched material
- Propose an actionable outcome from research that either you (the student) or some other actor could move forward
- For example:
- What gaps need to be filled in the existing research?
- What actions could propel further movement in the space of your research?
- For example: