The Fourier matrices have complex valued entries and many nice properties. This session covers the basics of working with complex matrices and vectors, and concludes with a description of the fast Fourier transform.
Lecture Video and Summary
- Watch the video lecture Complex Matrices; Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) (00:47:52)
Lecture 26: Complex Matrices; Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)
- Read the accompanying lecture summary (PDF)
- Lecture video transcript (PDF)
- Read Section 10.2 through 10.3 in the 4th edition or Section 9.2 and 9.3 in the 5th edition.
Problem Solving Video
- Watch the recitation video on Complex Matrices (00:13:00)
Problem Solving: Complex Matrices
- Recitation video transcript (PDF)
Problems and Solutions
Work the problems on your own and check your answers when you're done.