Covered this week:
Postage stamp of Joseph-Louis Lagrange to honor the French mathematician who derived the Lagrange equations. Public domain image.
- Watch Notation Systems
- From this class forward, Prof. Vandiver uses a different notation system. Please watch this video to see how the different notation systems interrelate.
- Watch Lecture 15: Introduction to Lagrange With Examples
Lecture 15: Introduction to Lagrange With Examples
Recitation Video and Notes
- Watch Recitation 8: Cart and Pendulum, Lagrange Method
Recitation 8: Cart and Pendulum, Lagrange Method
- This recitation covers a Lagrange approach to a problem involving a cart and pendulum.
- Recitation 8 Notes: Cart and Pendulum (Lagrange) (PDF)
- These recitation notes were compiled by Prof. David Gossard, another instructor for the course. His notes go over concepts and problems covered during the recitation sections he taught, and may not precisely correspond to the content covered in the above recitation video.
Looking for something specific in this course? The Resource Index compiles links to most course resources in a single page.