|« Previous: Assignment 6: Networked Wearable||Next: Assignment 8: Knit, Woven, Embroidery, or Print »|
For your final project, you should explore a specific set of materials, techniques, or applications in depth. You are very welcome (in fact encouraged) to work in groups. The project could take many different forms, including:
- A finished garment with unique functionality or material composition.
- A finished textile with unique functionality or material composition.
- A prototype for a new tool that could help others work with textiles and technology.
- A series of documented material or technique explorations.
The final project proposal will consist of a short (5 minute) formal presentation in class, plus a brief online description. Your presentation should include:
- A concise description of your project.
- Preliminary investigations of previous work in the area.
- If you are planning a project whose outcome is a specific artifact (ie: a garment or textile), sketches of the artifact.
- A time line.
Create a webpage for your proposal. It should contain a short description and a downloadable version of your presentation.
Sample Student Work
Sample work is presented courtesy of the students and used with permission.