Assignment 12: Final Paper
This is an amalgamation of your market analysis/segmentation and competition, your product and manufacturing plan, your sales plan, your financial plan, and your marketing plan. It takes from Assignments 1–9, with a special emphasis of tying all the revenue/expenses to a timeline. It is a refinement of all the assignments in the course and all that has been learned otherwise over the semester, woven into one consistent and compelling plan for an innovation-based new venture. The business plan should be no more than 20 pages single-spaced with half-inch margins, including all appendices, charts, graphs, exhibits, etc.
As you pull your final plan together a few things you should consider:
- Does it have a logical flow?
- Have we shown how this business can scale to merit the commitment of multiple MIT graduates?
- Have you added something about the risk and a risk mitigation strategy for each?
- Does the potential magnitude of this opportunity make it particularly exciting and merit external investment or is this a smaller opportunity that is more aligned with more conservative funding sources? Make sure your funding strategy is aligned with the type of opportunity you are presenting.
- Is the timing of this opportunity right for this new venture?
- Have you presented it in a way that is easy for the reader to understand? (i.e., used a lot of graphics and packaged everything very well)