Plan for Day Two
Students will spend all of day two gathering ideas and meeting experts to generate what they think may be interesting ideas.
- Early Skype call with staff from the NGO: For the four focal areas, 5-minute presentations; questions and discussion format.
- Introduction to experts on call and plan for the day and quick team check-in with Anjali Sastry regarding the action plan.
- Teams work on their own most of the day, using web resources, phone calls, site visits, skype, and email to interact with experts on call.
- Lunch hour is flexible.
In the afternoon each team will sign up for a 30-minute slot to check in with Anjali Sastry for feedback, advice, and discussion.
By the end of day two (before 5PM), each team will:
- Develop a focused set of quick questions and / or discussion topics for your Sangath staff contacts in order to be prepped for tomorrow morning's call. Send a message listing topics or questions by direct email to your Sangath contacts before the end of the day. Also, make sure in the email to plan for how and when you will talk to the Sangath folks tomorrow morning.
- Draft a 4-slide presentation that you will subsequently update tomorrow after your interaction with Sangath.
- Send a status update email to the instructor listing whom you met, confirming that you have a draft deck, and mentioning the research you've done today.