- Leaders in Science and Engineering: The Women of MIT: a collection of 10 videos from the MIT150 Symposium, March 28–29, 2011.
- Reports and studies on the status of women faculty at MIT
- 2011: "A Report on the Status of Women Faculty in the Schools of Science and Engineering at MIT, 2011." (PDF - 1.6MB)
- 1999: Study on the Status of Women Faculty in Science at MIT. MIT Faculty Newsletter. Vol XI, no. 4 special edition (March 1999).
- Women in Nuclear Science and Engineering: profiles of some women students and faculty in MIT's Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering.
- MIT SWE: website for the MIT chapter of the Society of Women Engineers.
Resources Outside of MIT
- Scientista: an online magazine highlighting issues relevant to women scientists at all levels
- National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, and Institute of Medicine. Advisor, Teacher, Role Model, Friend: On Being a Mentor to Students in Science and Engineering. National Academy Press, 1997.
- The Nelson Diversity Surveys (Dr. Donna J. Nelson)
- National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (NCSES) (National Science Foundation)
- Gender Equity Project (Hunter College)
- UW ADVANCE: Increasing the Participation and Advancement of Women in Academic Science and Engineering Careers (University of Washington)
- WISELI: The Women In Science & Engineering Leadership Institute (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Women in Physics
Books and Papers
- Simmons, R. The Curse of the Good Girl: Raising Authentic Girls with Courage and Confidence. Penguin, 2010 (reprint). ISBN: 9780143117988.
- Tannen, D. Talking from 9 to 5: Women and Men at Work. William Morrow Paperbacks, 1995. ISBN: 9780380717835.
- Margolis, Jane, and Allan Fisher. Unlocking the Clubhouse: Women in Computing. The MIT Press, 2003. ISBN: 9780262632690. [Preview with Google Books]
- Valian, Virginia. Why So Slow? The Advancement of Women. The MIT Press, 1999. ISBN: 9780262720311. [Preview with Google Books]
- Estrich, Susan. Sex and Power. Riverhead Books, 2000. ISBN: 9781573221245.
- Fletcher, Joyce K. Disappearing Acts: Gender, Power and Relational Practice at Work. The MIT Press, 1999. ISBN: 9780262062053.
- Seymour, Elaine. Talking About Leaving: Why Undergraduates Leave the Sciences. Westview Press, 1996. ISBN: 9780813389264.
- Tobias, Sheila. Faces of Feminism: An Activist's Reflections on the Women's Movement. Westview Press, 1997. ISBN: 9780813328423.
- ———. They're Not Dumb, They're Different: Stalking the Second Tier. Science News Books, 1990. ISBN: 9789991755663.
- Halley, J. W., Azin Adjoudani, et al. "The Graduate Record Examination as an Indicator of Learning of the Curriculum Taught to Physics Majors in US Institutions." American Journal of Physics 59, no. 5 (1991): 403–10.
- U.S. Department of Education. The Secretary of Education's Commission on Opportunity in Athletics. "Open to All": Title IX at Thirty. February, 2003. (PDF)