- How is the cross section of elastic scattering related to the
- atomic number?
- electron beam energy?
- scattering angle?
- How are secondary electrons produced?
- What is the typical energy range of
- back-scattered electrons?
- secondary electrons?
- How are the Bremsstrahlung or continuum X-rays generated?
- What is the maximum energy of continuum X-rays (Duane-Hunt limit)?
- What is
- fluorescent yield?
- Auger yield?
- What is the electron transition in the target atom for Kα X-ray generation?
- What is the equation that relates the energy of an X-ray to its wavelength?
- What is the critical excitation energy or the absorption edge?
- What are the variables that determine
1. electron range?
2. X-ray range?
- What is φ(ρz)? How is it defined?
- What is relation between the emitted and generated X-ray intensities?
- What is k-ratio? Which equation relates it to the concentration of the element in the sample?
- What is the purpose of the atomic number correction?
- What is the relation between the absorption correction and
1. take-off angle?
2. electron beam energy?
- What is fluorescence? Under what conditions does it happen?
- Which electrons are detected by the E-T detector and under what conditions?
- Under what condition can the solid-state diode detector be used for topographic imaging?
- What is common process underlying the operation of a solid-state diode detector, a cathodolominescence detector and an ED detector?
- Which type of dopant is used in an ED detector?
- What is Bragg’s law?
- Which gas is used in a proportional counter for
1. short wavelength detection?
2. long wavelength detection?
- What is the function of a single channel analyzer?
- How can you correct for defocusing effects in compositional imaging by WDS?
- Why is background correction important in quantitative compositional imaging by WDS?
As Taught In