Course Meeting Times
This is a three-day workshop that took place during the MIT Independent Activities Period (IAP) in January, 2019.
This workshop aims to provide information for students to prepare for the FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Test. Topics include airplane aerodynamics, aircraft systems, navigation, meteorology, aircraft ownership and maintenance, aircraft performance, multi-engine and jets.
- Prepare for FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Test, available in Airplane, Helicopter, Balloon, Glider, etc. variants
- Concentrate on the Airplane variant
- Prepare for FAA Remote Pilots UAS Test
- Help you get the most out of flight training
- Learn about the engineering behind aviation
This course does not have in-class assessment. However, this course aims to help students acquire the private pilot’s license and prepare for the following steps/exams:
- Flight Training
- Apply for Student Pilot Certificate
- Exam for 3rd class Medical Certificate
- FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Exam
- Checkride (Practical Exam): Oral section and Flight section