For IAP 2007, the class design projects were focused on two student teams:
VDS Vehicle Design Summit
MITSET Space Elevator Team
The two teams were assigned to:
- Define/pick the current baseline configuration.
- Create a performance model of the baseline configuration.
- Optimize for these factors:
- VDS: miles-per-gallon [mpg]
- MITSET: time-to-climb [sec]
- Pick 4-5 most critical components and subsystems based on performance sensitivity.
The work of the students is presented below, along with video of their final class presentations. The deliverables are based upon the assignments from the class. All work is courtesy of the students named and used with permission.