Revise Science in/and Culture Essay (Essay 1) - Due with your Portfolio (or sooner)
Re-read all the comments you’ve received on your Science in/and Culture essay, from classmates & the instructor, and any notes you made.
Re-read your essay, with the notes in mind.
consider: To revise means literally (etymologically) to “re-see”—to take stock of your essay’s meaning and its possibilities, and to do what it takes to achieve meaning for yourself, and meaning and pleasure in reading for your audience. So aim to re-see your essay and its potential.
Think especially about shaping your essay, so that the whole is more than the sum of its parts.
- Make sure to hand in your 1st draft—the ones with comments—along with your new one.
- Also respond to these questions and hand in this cover sheet with your new draft.
- What has changed in this draft? Please point to specific things.
- What’s the main idea in this draft?
- What do you like best about this essay?
Re-Revision Cover Sheet for Investigative Essay (Essay 2)
- What has changed in this draft? Please be specific.
- What’s the thesis—the main idea—of this essay? Articulate it as clearly as you can in 1-2 complete sentences.
- Where do you see yourself growing as a writer with this sequence of drafts?
Return to Assignments 16-25