Solutions are not available for these problem sets.
- Problem Set I: Glass Formation (PDF)
- Problem Set II: MSE Medallions (PDF)
- Problems Set III: Behavior and Characteristics (PDF)
Final Project Report
There is no specific length requirement for the final project report, although around 5 pages of main text not including appendix / codes / bibliography etc., is recommend. Please consider including the following sections: Abstract / summary, problem statement / background / motivation, technical approach, results and discussion, and conclusion.
For the presentations, each of you will get 12 minutes of total time. Please plan for about 10 minutes for the presentation, and 2 minutes for questions.
Project Topic Examples
- Glass Box Cracks at 1,353 Feet Above: Is it Still Safe?
- Can we make smart phones smarter with built-in photonics? Opt. Express 22, 15473 (2014).
- Where is my Metallic Glass Cased iPhone?
- Waste vitrification: Can we lock radioactive waste in a safe box?