Prof. Jan Wampler
MIT Course Number
As Taught In
The project for this studio is to design a demonstration project for a site near the French Quarter in New Orleans. The objectives of the project are the following:
- To design more intense housing, community, educational and commercial facilities in four to six story buildings.
- To explore the "space between" buildings as a way of designing and shaping objects.
- To design at three scales - dwelling, cluster and overall.
- To design dwellings where the owners may be able to help build and gain a skill for employment.
- To provide/design facilities that can help the residents to gain education and skills.
Other OCW Versions
OCW has published multiple versions of this subject.