Prof. Noel Jackson
MIT Course Number
As Taught In
This course explores variations on the proposition that an adequate recognition of beauty could, however indirectly, make you a more humane person. Readings extend widely across literary and non-literary genres, including lyric poetry and the novel, philosophical prose and essays.
Other OCW Versions
OCW has published multiple versions of this subject.
- 21L.704 Studies in Poetry: 20th Century Irish Poetry: The Shadow of W. B. Yeats (Spring 2008)
- 21L.704 Studies in Poetry: From the Sonneteers to the Metaphysicals (Spring 2006)
- 21L.704 Studies in Poetry - British Poetry and the Sciences of the Mind (Fall 2004)
- 21L.704 Studies in Poetry: Gender and Lyric -- Renaissance Men and Women Writing about Love (Spring 2003)
- 21L.704 Studies in Poetry: "Does Poetry Matter" (Fall 2002)