Instructions for Problem Sets
- You may work together, but everybody must write-up their own solutions.
- Solutions may use results from class, but should otherwise be self-contained. You may freely use basic results without proof or reference.
- Feel free to consult books to review material needed to complete the problems, but don't look up solutions to the problems!
- Solutions must be written in LaTeX, printed, stapled and handed-in at the beginning of class. Please make your solutions readable; feel free to state intermediate results as lemmas. It may be cleanest to make each problem its own section. Also, set the margins to something reasonable (the default margins in LaTeX are not reasonable).
- Each problem will be graded out of 10 points, unless otherwise indicated.
You have two weeks to do each problem set. They are due in the session listed in the table.
|9||Problem Set 1 (PDF)||Problem Set 1 Solutions (PDF)|
|20||Problem Set 2 (PDF)||Problem Set 2 Solutions (partial) (PDF)|
|38||Problem Set 3 (PDF)||(not available)|