Prof. Franz Hover
Prof. David Gossard
Prof. George Barbastathis
MIT Course Number
As Taught In
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create lumped parameter models (expressed as ODEs) of simple dynamic systems in the electrical and mechanical energy domains
- Make quantitative estimates of model parameters from experimental measurements
- Obtain the time-domain response of linear systems to initial conditions and/or common forcing functions (specifically; impulse, step and ramp input) by both analytical and computational methods
- Obtain the frequency-domain response of linear systems to sinusoidal inputs
- Compensate the transient response of dynamic systems using feedback techniques
- Design, implement and test an active control system to achieve a desired performance measure
Mastery of these topics will be assessed via homework, quizzes/exams, and lab assignments.
Other OCW Versions
OCW has published multiple versions of this subject.