Course Meeting Times
Lectures: 2 sessions / week, 1.5 hours / session
This course investigates the principles of thermal radiation and their application to engineering heat and photon transfer problems.
- Quantum and Classical Models of Radiative Properties of Materials
- Electromagnetic Wave Theory for Thermal Radiation
- Radiative Transfer in Absorbing, Emitting, and Scattering Media
- Coherent Laser Radiation
- Laser-material Interactions
- Infrared Instrumentation
- Global Warming
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- High Temperature Processing
Problem sets are due once every two weeks.
There are two exams, which are each worth 20% of the final grade. The first is in-class and open-book. The second is a take-home test.
|Classroom Presentation and Discussion on Global Warming||10%|