OCW Educator Portal
OCW Educator helps education professionals navigate the vast library of openly licensed MIT teaching materials available on MIT OpenCourseWare. Explore Instructor Insights to discover how MIT instructors teach with these materials on campus, and freely select and adapt their explanations, examples, and simulations to help concepts come to life in your own classroom.
Search Educational Resources
Select a TOPIC above to begin
Professor Gilbert Strang on how he teaches 18.06 Linear Algebra.
Some terms on this page have been used and adapted from multiple sources, including:
- ABL Connect
- Guidelines for Teaching @ MIT and Beyond
- Guidelines on Learning that Inform Teaching
- Chi, Michelene T.H. and Ruth Wylie. "The ICAP framework: Linking cognitive engagement to active learning outcomes." Educational Psychologist, 49(4): 219-243, 2014.
- Kirschner, Paul A. and Jeroen J. G. van Merriënboer. "Ten steps to complex learning: A new approach to instruction and instructional design." Chapter 26 in 21st Centruy Education: A Reference Handbook. Edited by T. L. Good. Sage, 2008. ISBN: 9781412950114.
- Merrill, M. David. "First principles of instruction." Educational Technology Research and Development, 50(3):43-59, 2002.
- van Merriënboer, Jeroen J.G. and Paul A. Kirschner. Ten Steps to Complex Learning: A Systematic Approach to Four-Component Instructional Design. Routledge, 2012. ISBN: 9780415807968.