Course Meeting Times
Lectures: 2 sessions / week, 1.5 hours / session
Paluch, Ilga. “The Entrainment Mechanism in Colorado Cumuli.” Journal of the Atmospheric Science 36, no. 12 (1979): 2467–78.
Romps, David, and Zhiming Kuang. “Do Undiluted Convective Plumes Exist in the Upper Tropical Troposphere?” Journal of the Atmospheric Science 67, no. 2 (2010): 468–84.
- Radiative-Convective Equilibrium
- The Zonally-Averaged Circulation
- Asymmetric Steady Circulations
- Interannual Fluctuations of the Walker Circulation - ENSO
- Intraseasonal Oscillations
- Higher Frequency Disturbances
- Tropical Cyclones
The course grade is based upon problem sets, a term paper, and class participation.