Read Chanda, Ch. 8
- Why have outsourcing and offshoring become buzzwords when globalization is mentioned?
- Explain the acronyms: GATT, IMF, NAFTA, WTO, MFA
- How did “global brands” begin? Which ones do you buy?
- What does protectionism, as Chanda uses it, mean?
- How did the quest for global markets change advertising?
- What were some of the major economic changes that accompanied globalization in the 1980s?
- What was the “golden age” of globalization in the 1990s?
- What were some of the “downsides” of globalization?
- What was the importance of July 2, 1997?
- What were some of the steps that turned “globalization” into a dirty word?
- What is the WSF? Why is it important?
- How is 9/11 linked to globalization?
- Why did “outsourcing” replace “globalization” as the favorite topic in the early 21st century?