MIT students in this course participated in hands-on demonstrations of instruments around campus including the pipe organ in the MIT Chapel . The following video documents an interactive session demonstrating the harpsichord that was given by Jean Rife on October 1, 2014 in Killian Hall.
Professor Rife plays musical examples during this session, including:
- “Wosley’s Wilde” by William Byrd from the Fitzwilliam Virginal
- Girolamo Frescobaldi: “Toccata”
- Johann Jakob Froberger: “Méditation faite sur ma mort future”
- Louis Couperin: “Chaconne”
- “Allemande” by J.S. Bach from French Suite No. 4 in E-flat major