Transparency in Consumer Protection and Commercial Regulation
Find the answers to the following questions:
- How can you request your credit report?
- Under what legal authority can you request your credit report?
- How can you correct errors in your credit report?
- What recourse do you have if the errors are not corrected?
Papers: The next milestone for your paper is due on Thursday, on the rotisserie. See information on papers for details.
Moot Court Video : As announced in class, we will be showing a video of a moot court on the constitutionality of mandated encryption key escrow. This will run from around 4:30 until around 7:00. Attendance after 5 is optional. In order to prepare for this please read:
- The Cryptography Control Act of 1995. This is a fictional statute, whose constitutionality is being argued before the Court. ( PDF )
- Skim the appeals court decision (majority opinion, concurring opinion, and dissent) that is being appealed in this hearing.