For the final six weeks of the course, students worked in small groups to design, implement, and test a large-scale digital system. Students could pick from several suggested projects or they could develop a project completely on their own. Below is a list of recent student project topics.
- Out of Order SMIPS Processor Using Tomasulo’s Algorithm
- Memory Access Scheduler
- Cache-Coherent Memory System Using a Ring Network
- High-Performance SMIPS Processor
- Hardware Implementation of an 802.11a Transmitter
- The Pipe Dream: Out-of-Order SMIPS Processor using a Reorder Buffer