Exam one covers Lectures 1 through 8.
What You Should Know:
- How to write down Equation of Motion
- Undamped, under-damped, critically damped, over-damped
- Driven oscillator, transient behavior and steady state solution, resonance
- How to determine the unknown coefficients using initial conditions
- Coupled systems: What are the normal modes? How to solve M-1K eigenvalue problems and what are the full solutions? Driven coupled oscillator, resonance
- Symmetry & Infinite coupled system: What is the solution of reflection and translation symmetric system? How to determine the dispersion relation ω(k)?