Exam two covers Lectures 9 through 16.
What You Should Know:
- How to use infinite system to solve finite system
- Continues limit: Wave equations!
- Solutions to wave equations: Normal modes (Progressing wave solutions standing waves)
- Matching the boundary of two systems: Reflection and transmission
- Longitudinal waves: Spring waves and sound waves
- EM waves: How to calculate electric field and magnetic field from one another, standing EM waves, energy density and Poynting vector
- Dispersive medium: Dispersive relation, Fourier transform, AM radio and Uncertainty Principle
- 2D and 3D waves: Normal modes, Snell’s Law