This section covers lecture 5.
Reading in: Panton, Ronald L. Incompressible Flow. 4th ed. Wiley, 2013. ISBN: 9781118013434. [Preview with Google Books]
- Chapter 7: Some Incompressible Flow Patterns
- 7.1: Pressure-Driven Flow in a Slot
- 7.2: Mechanical Energy, Head Loss, and Bernoulli Equation
Reading in: Kundu, Pijush K., and Ira M. Cohen. Fluid Mechanics. 6th ed. Academic Press, 2015. ISBN: 9780124059351.
- Chapter 4: Conservation Laws
- 4.3: Stream Functions
- 4.9: Special Forms of the Equations; Angular Momentum Principle for a Stationary Control Volume; Bernoulli Equations; Neglect of Gravity in Constant Density Flows; The Boussinesq Approximation; Summary
- Professor Jane Wang's website on dragonfly flight and the role of vorticity shedding in fluttering and tumbling.
- Vortex Ring Gun website. A quick web-search shows that these "non-lethal weapons" are still actively being considered.
- NASA Aircraft Complete Wingtip Vortex Study.