This course uses the following free software tools.
- Audacity®: sound recording and editing software.
- athenaCL: an open-source, object-oriented tool for modular poly-paradigm generative music and algorithmic composition, written in Python.
- Csound: a sound and music synthesis system, providing facilities for composition and performance over a wide range of platforms.
- Martingale: a collection of pedagogical computer music tools in Pure Data.
- Pure Data: a real-time graphical programming environment for audio, video, and graphical processing. It is the third major branch of the family of patcher programming languages known as Max.
- Python: a dynamic programming language used in a wide variety of application domains
- SuperCollider: an environment and programming language for real time audio synthesis and algorithmic composition.
flexatone h.f.p. is the front of composer and sound designer Christopher Ariza. This site provides free downloads of complete, un-cut, high-quality mp3 and ogg audio files of experimental concert, computer, and electro-acoustic music, as well as information about the music, music research, algorithmic music software, and on-line tools for music analysis and creation. Music on this site is distributed for free, without cost or registration; software on this site is either free or open source.