Course Meeting Times
Lectures: 2 sessions / week, 1.5 hours / session
- Ability to design using basic principles of design
- Invention of products based on basic principles
- Various ways of achieving robust design
- Ability to design complex systems, including software and hardware
- Understanding complexity of systems
- Reduction of complexity of engineered systems
- Teaching using many examples and case studies from diverse fields
- Learning by working on real projects (Term projects)
Suh, N. P. Axiomatic Design: Advances and Applications. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2001. ISBN: 9780195134667.
———. Complexity: Theory and Applications. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2005. ISBN: 9780195178760.
|Two One-hour Examinations||25%|