- Education reform: Waiting for Superman wrap up
- Some links in response to Waiting for Superman:
- Strauss, Valerie. “What ‘Superman’ Got Wrong, Point by Point,” The Washington Post, September 27, 2010.
- Ravitch, Diane. “The Myth of Charter Schools.” The New York Review of Books, November 11, 2010.
- Rhoten, Diane. “We Are Not Waiting for Superman. We Are Empowering Superheroes.” Startl.org. September 24, 2010.
- How does reform address (or fail to address) the problems in education?
- Learning Environments Jigsaw (PDF)
- What are the major problems in education? Brainstorming
- Result of brainstorm: list of major problems (PDF)
- “No Child Left Behind,” Education Week, August 4, 2011.
- Jennings, Jack, and Diane Stark Rentner. “Ten Big Effects of the No Child Left Behind Act on Public Schools.” Center on Education Policy, November 1, 2006.
- No Child Left Behind: Elementary and Secondary Education Act
- Weiss, Joanne. “Education’s ‘Race to the Top’ Begins,” Education Week, September 13, 2010.
- Robelen, Erik W. “Race to Top Winner Embed STEM Projects in Plans,” Education Week, September 9, 2010.
- Race to the Top Official Site
- Elmore, Richard. School Reform from the Inside Out: Policy, Practice, and Performance. Harvard Education Pub Group, 2004. ISBN: 9781891792502.
- Cuban, Larry. Frogs into Princes: Writings on School Reform. Economic Policy Institute and Teachers College, 2008. ISBN: 9780807748596.