Resources for Lighting Design in Developing Countries
- Best Practices
- Lumina Project. Best Practice Guide for off-grid lighting product development.
- Sources for statistics
- Mills, Evan. “The $230-billion Global Lighting Energy Bill.” (PDF) June 2002.
- Lumina Project. The Opportunity.
- OECD and IEA. “Light’s Labour Lost: Policies for Energy-efficient Lighting.” (PDF)
- Mills, Evan. “The Specter of Fuel-Based Lighting.” (PDF - 1.3MB)
- Apte, J., A. Gopal, J. Mathieu, and S. Parthasarathy. “Improved Lighting for Indian Fishing Communities.” (PDF - 2.5MB) May 16, 2007.
- U.S. DOE. “2008 Residential Energy End-Use Splits, by Fuel Type.” Table 2.1.5, in Buildings Energy Data Book. March 2011.
- Relevant organizations
[Polak], Chapters 1 and 2
Make your initial reading reaction post before next Monday and then make at least one follow-up post responding to another student’s reaction by next Wednesday.