Prof. John Tsitsiklis
OCW Scholar courses are designed specifically for OCW's single largest audience: independent learners. These courses are substantially more complete than typical OCW courses, and include new custom-created content as well as materials repurposed from previously published courses. Click here for a complete list of OCW Scholar courses.
- Video lectures
- Assignments: problem sets with solutions
- Exams and solutions
- Recitation videos
- Resource Index
This course introduces students to the modeling, quantification, and analysis of uncertainty. The tools of probability theory, and of the related field of statistical inference, are the keys for being able to analyze and make sense of data. These tools underlie important advances in many fields, from the basic sciences to engineering and management.
- Lecture Videos by MIT Professor John Tsitsiklis
- Lecture Slides and Readings
- Recitation Problems and Solutions
- Recitation Help Videos by MIT Teaching Assistants
- Tutorial Problems and Solutions
- Tutorial Help Videos by MIT Teaching Assistants
- Problem Sets with Solutions
- Exams with Solutions
A complementary resource, Introduction to Probability, is provided by the videos developed for an EdX version of 6.041. These videos cover more or less the same content, in somewhat different order, and in somewhat more detail than the videotaped live lectures.
Other OCW Versions
OCW has published multiple versions of this subject.