Course Meeting Times
Lectures: 2 sessions / week, 1.5 hours / session
Cohen-Tannoudji, Claude, Bernard Diu, and Franck Laloë. Quantum Mechanics. 2nd ed. Vol. 1 and 2. Paris, France: Wiley-Interscience, 2006. ISBN: 9780471569527.
Covers several topics in the class with a different approach.
Lefebvre-Brion, H., and R. Field. "Dynamics." Chapter 9 in Spectra and Dynamics of Diatomic Molecules. 2nd ed. Burlington, MA: Academic Press, 2004. ISBN: 9780124414563.
Assignments and Exams
There are a series of reading assignments as well as eight problem sets and a take-home exam. The take-home exam should not be discussed with your classmates, and will be due on the last day of classes.
There will be approximately 8 problem sets worth a total of 75% of the grade, which can and should be worked on together. A take-home exam will account for the remaining 25% of the grade. It should not be discussed with your classmates, and will be due on the last day of classes. The problem sets and exam will be graded by TA.
|8 Problem Sets||75%|