Read Chanda, Ch. 3
- What is the double-edged nature of globalization Chanda refers to on p.71?
- Why does Chanda say that cotton has “the world inside?”
- Why does Chanda say the same for coffee? What is fair-trade coffee?
- Why does Chanda say the same for microchips?
- What invention, according to Chanda, launched the Industrial Revolution?
- What are the principal differences in globalized products today and in the 8th century? 19th century?
- What are the principal differences in globalized products today and the twentieth century until 1959? Post 1959?
- Look up the recent tragedies in Bangladesh manufacturing. Who is responsible? Global interests? The government?