This session will introduce the structure of biological molecules and the molecular forces involved in the formation of these molecules.
Watch the lecture video excerpt
- Covalent Bonds, Hydrogen Bonds (00:22:23)
Covalent Bonds, Hydrogen Bonds
Help Session Video
Watch the short video of Nicole DeNisco explaining covalent bonds, chirality, electronegativity, and hydrogen bonding, that refers to the practice problem below.
- Covalent Bonds (00:05:51)
Suggested topics for further study in an introductory-level Biology textbook
- Forces: covalent bonds, ionic bonds, hydrogen bonds, van der Waal's forces, and hydrophobicity
- 20-Second Story about Hydrogen Bonding
- How Geckos Stick
- Hydrophobic Interactions
- Green Basilisk Lizard
- Ice Water and Hot Water movies