This course is a survey of the scientific study of human nature, including how the mind works, and how the brain supports the mind. Topics include the mental and neural bases of perception, emotion, learning, memory, cognition, child development, personality, psychopathology, and social interaction. Students will consider how such knowledge relates to debates about nature and nurture, free will, consciousness, human differences, self, and society.
- A full set of Lecture Videos by Prof. John Gabrieli.
- Reading Assignments in several books, including one free online textbook and detailed notes on another book.
- Assorted multiple choice and short answer questions to Check Yourself on the material in each session.
- Supporting Discussion content that elaborates on the lectures and reading.
- A rich collection of online resources for Further Study on each session’s topics.
- A full set of Exams with solution keys, and extra practice questions for review.