- « Video: A Message from Guy Ryder, ILO Director-General
- 1.2.1Video: A Message from U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez to the Next Generation Workforce
- 1.2.2Video: Animated Version of the Evolution History of Work
- 1.2.3Video: A Message from AFL-CIO Secretary Treasurer Liz Shuler
- 1.2.4Video: A Message to HR Professionals from Professor Lee Dyer
- 1.2.5Video: A Message from Guy Ryder, ILO Director-General
- 1.2.6Video: The Millennial Generation’s Views on their World of Work
- 1.2.7Video: Current Challenges and Opportunities
- 1.2.8Video: All Innovations Are Local
- 1.2.9Video: Managing Societal and Workplace Conflicts: Interview with Mary Rowe
- » Video: Current Challenges and Opportunities
Many of the challenges facing today’s workforce are felt most vividly by the so called “Millennial Generation”, i.e., individuals born in the mid-1980s and after. In the following video, MIT Sloan student Meryam and Wellesley College student Eileen offer Millennials’ perspectives on their generation, including their desires for work and their responsibilities for the future. Please answer the attentiveness question (located below the video) when you are finished watching.
Video: The Millennial Generation’s Views on the American Dream
Explanation Future managers are expected to be flexible in allowing their employees to decide how, when and where should they work to be more productive.Also the managers shouls listen to their employees and engage them in problem solving activities.