- « What Made the Old Social Contract Work and Why did It Break Down?
- 2.1.1Video: Week 2 Introduction
- 2.1.2Video: The New Deal at Work
- 2.1.3Video: The Post-War Social Contract
- 2.1.4Video: PDC: Early Childhood Education for All
- 2.1.5Video: Social Contracts, Past and Present
- 2.1.6Video: Careers and Competencies with Professor Lee Dyer
- » Video: The Post-War Social Contract
There are conspicuous challenges for today’s economy but, in some ways, we’ve actually been here before! As we stressed last week, it helps to take a historical perspective in order to understand the current state of the economy and the challenges that we collectively face. In the video below, Professor Kochan examines a series of historical events, including rising wealth inequality in the 1920s and the Great Depression, that remain highly relevant today.
Video: The New Deal at Work
Attentiveness Question 1
Attentiveness Question 2
Attentiveness Question 3