- « Video: The Changing Role of the Corporation
- 3.1.1Video: Week 3 Introduction
- 3.1.2Video: What Changed in the 1980s and Why Should We Care?
- 3.1.3Video: The Purpose of the American Corporation
- 3.1.4Video: The Changing Role of the Corporation
- 3.1.5Video: The Rise and Fall of Saturn
- 3.1.6Video: High Performance Work Systems
- 3.1.7Video: Market Basket Case with Zeynep Ton
- 3.1.8Video: Holding Global Corporations Accountable
- 3.1.9Video: Alternatives to the Traditional Corporation
- 3.1.10Video: High School and College: Necessary but Not Sufficient
- 3.1.11Video: Life Long Learning: Moving from Rhetoric to Reality
- » Video: High Performance Work Systems
This week’s videos explore innovations relating to the world of work.
In this video, Professor Kochan examines the rise and fall of Saturn, an automobile manufacturer that operated as a subsidiary of GM until 2009.
Please watch the video and then answer the question below.
Video: The Rise and Fall of Saturn
Explanation The Saturn case highlights the importance of collaborative solutions, including "crowdsourcing", as well as sustaining strategies that provide stability over time.