- « Video: The Purpose of the American Corporation
- 3.1.1Video: Week 3 Introduction
- 3.1.2Video: What Changed in the 1980s and Why Should We Care?
- 3.1.3Video: The Purpose of the American Corporation
- 3.1.4Video: The Changing Role of the Corporation
- 3.1.5Video: The Rise and Fall of Saturn
- 3.1.6Video: High Performance Work Systems
- 3.1.7Video: Market Basket Case with Zeynep Ton
- 3.1.8Video: Holding Global Corporations Accountable
- 3.1.9Video: Alternatives to the Traditional Corporation
- 3.1.10Video: High School and College: Necessary but Not Sufficient
- 3.1.11Video: Life Long Learning: Moving from Rhetoric to Reality
- » Video: The Rise and Fall of Saturn
What role do CEOs play in leading corporations? As a follow up to our earlier video, Professor Kochan interviews the former chairman of CitiBank and the NY Stock Exchange, John Reed, for his perspective on the roles and responsibilities of corporations and corporate leaders.
Video: The Changing Role of the Corporation: Interview with John Reed
John Reed cites greenmail as a crucial factor in the shift toward companies' focus on short-term stock price.