Prof. Gilbert Strang
OCW Scholar courses are designed specifically for OCW's single largest audience: independent learners. These courses are substantially more complete than typical OCW courses, and include new custom-created content as well as materials repurposed from previously published courses. Click here for a complete list of OCW Scholar courses.
- Video lectures
- Lecture notes
- Assignments: problem sets with solutions
- Exams and solutions
- Recitation videos
This course covers matrix theory and linear algebra, emphasizing topics useful in other disciplines such as physics, economics and social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering. It parallels the combination of theory and applications in Professor Strang’s textbook Introduction to Linear Algebra.
- A complete set of Lecture Videos by Professor Gilbert Strang.
- Summary Notes for all videos along with suggested readings in Prof. Strang's textbook Linear Algebra.
- Problem Solving Videos on every topic taught by an experienced MIT Recitation Instructor.
- Problem Sets to do on your own with Solutions to check your answers against when you're done.
- A selection of Java® Demonstrations to illustrate key concepts.
- A full set of Exams with Solutions, including review material to help you prepare.
Other OCW Versions
OCW has published multiple versions of this subject.