|If the product Ax points in the same direction as the vector x, we say that x is an eigenvector of A. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors describe what happens when a matrix is multiplied by a vector. In this session we learn how to find the eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a matrix.|
Lecture Video and Summary
- Watch the video lecture Lecture 21: Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Read the accompanying lecture summary (PDF)
- Lecture video transcript (PDF)
- Read Section 6.1 through 6.2 in the 4th or 5th edition.
Problem Solving Video
- Watch the recitation video on Problem Solving: Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Recitation video transcript (PDF)
Problems and Solutions
Work the problems on your own and check your answers when you’re done.